16 Jun 2012

My Little Pony Nailart

Because Friendship IS Magic.

Seriously, when I was younger, I was obsessed with it all. My Little Pony, Chicaboo, Sindy, Care Bears, Hello Kitty, Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake a real brand hound.I was allowed one version of each.  Mum didn't believe in commercializing children's things, so these had to come from my own spends or birthday money.
Nothing was more satisfying than going to Lewis' or Toy and Hobby and selecting a pristinely packaged toy. Almost too good to take out of the box.
That was the start of a 'collector' side of me.
When you live for the acquisition of something rather than the function it provides.
I've been through a lot of upheaval in my life that stamped out the collector in me, I realise children and friends and family are the real treasures, but I still love to reminisce.
I hated the new generation Ponies at first, I found them fake and a cheap copy of the beautiful chubby bucolic originals.
The shows are awesome though, and you grow to love these new skinny ponies for their sisterhood, their courage and sweetness.

Hoof Pump!

My LittLe Pony Nailart
thumb. 1,2,3,4*





My LittLe Pony Nailart


















  •  thumb - Twilight Sparkle - Unicorn. skilled in magic, studious and determined.
  •  Posey - Earth pony. Loves her garden full of tulips
  •  Luna   - Pegasister. Sister to Celestia, loves peace.
  •  Applejack - Earth pony, loves to grow and harvest apples, hard worker
  •  Rainbow Dash - Pegasister, zooms around and makes rainbows.


2 comments:

  1. cute! I loved My Little Pony as a kid, they are awful now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so at first, but the show, Friendship is Magic is awesome. Full of lovely positive messages for little girls, and really addictive x

    ReplyDelete

I answer ALL comments and will usually check back to your blog if you have one. So leave a comment, suggestion, or just go in peace and enjoy your day